Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Atsubetsu "Dream" Flea Market

Today I flipped through a Japanese "What's happening in Sapporo" and it mentioned a flea market (Read: Swap meet) happening near my house at the Atsubetsu Ward Office Parking Lot. (For those who know were I live, it's next to the Shin-Sapporo Station)

So off on my route.... taking the 12 down to the Micky-d's where I hung a left and went past the station to a parking lot full of Japanese people selling their wares.

I was home everybody

People swapping goods for goods and selling old stuff they didn't want to people (like me) that are uber proned to buying... ... ... junk. To list everything I saw is impossiable but I can tell you a short list of what these guys were selling:

there was:

Cds, Dvds, Shoes, Pants, Shirts, Sweaters, Ski gear, Super Famicoms, Nintendo Famicom, Games (from Famicom to N64-Playstation), Shinto stuff, keychains, "Cute" toes, qoo dolls, you name a Japanese thing it was likely to be there and for cheap.

Like being at an American Swapmeet, I devised the three walk-around system and went to each row looking for bargans. There was lots of stuff I could of bought (and most of it in the 50-100 yen range) but I didn't buy it. Instead I bought a sporty tee-shirt (bright yellow), a sweat shirt, a qoo doll, a couple of cds (incl. the Jap import of Rednex sex & violins) yeah. Good stuff.

Don't worry I got pics too.

By the way... when I saw that buddha with the fish I had to get it. Although I had to bargin an old Japanese woman for it, I thought it'd be a cool Josh to Dad gift!

Here's some more pics.



~J out

No comments: