Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Worst ride home in a long time

Thought I'd tell you all that today it rained hard. This morning started out pretty confortable at 17 degrees celcius, but as the day wore on the rain, thunder, and lightning made for a pretty miserable day.

The worst part of it was riding home from Shin-Sapporo Station home. I thought I was strong, I thought I was brave, but no... the weather beat me into submission. Something about that 3.5km ride home in the blistering rain and wind nearly broke me down.

I had a large jean jacket and a wool flannel, jeans & a tee shirt, Doc martins, and my grey had with the brim and I got soaked down to my underwear and tee shirt. The only I could say to my host mom was, "シャワーあびたいおにがいします。” (I want to take a shower please)

The Ofuro was warm so I soaked until I was back to normal and then my host mom make me a heaping bowl of hot steaming Kimchi and mongolian beef which was fantastic. So at least it ended well.

~J out

No comments: